Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Glucose results

Yesterday I had my glucose test. Although the drink didn't taste as bad as I thought it would, the fasting for 12 hours wasn't very fun. I had to stop eating at 7:30pm the night before. 8:30pm rolled around and Scott was laughing at me because I was already complaining that I was hungry.

My doctors office called today to give me the results. Normally they leave the results on my answering machine, so I was already nervous when I got a voicemail saying to call them back. As many of you may know my dad was type 1 diabetes and they were nervous that I was going to have it when I was born. So of course I can't help but have the same concern for Brooklyn.

I called them back and I failed it.... I was about 141 when they want you to be around 130. So now I have to take the 3 hours test. Which I may die of starvation not eating for 15 hours. Whoever thought keeping a pregnant woman from eating is nutzo.

I asked her a few questions about if I don't pass what happens, etc. She said it's highly unlikely that I won't since I was so close to the 130.

Small disclaimer. Scott got me a huge box of recess peanut butter cups for valentines days. 36 of the double packs to be exact. Looking back, I am sure my sugar is high from eating like five packs of them the past week. Just a heads up, if you are getting some sort of gift from me in the near future it will probably be peanut butter cups. :)

No more peanut butter cups. I will update you once I take the three hour test and the results come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment