Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hospitals

I didn't know anyone who has gone to my doctor before, but when Scott and I met her, we liked her and the nurses a lot and the doctors office is close to home and works fairly well with Scott and I's opposite schedules. Since Scott went through a brief phase of paramedic school and was in and out of hospitals a lot of people he had class with talked about how they would go to Mercy when they have kids because it's such a great hospital.

Unfortunately, our doctor only delivers at St.Josephs, Barnes Jewish-St.Peters, and Progress West. Scott knew from the start that he was not a fan of St.Josephs because of some of his clinical's that were there and things he has heard about it. So we were down to just two hospitals. We went to take a tour at Barnes Jewish-St.Peters and were not impressed. We got there for the tour and waited longer for someone to ask us if we needed help than the actual tour lasted. Scott and I both felt that it had a very "hospital feel" to it. We simply just weren't impressed with it and to be honest I am not very knowledgeable about the place because they weren't very good at informing us of what to expect.

Progress West was our last hope otherwise we were going to switch doctors. Although your only there for two days, we both felt strongly that it was important to have faith in our hospital in case our doctor didn't get there in time, something went wrong etc. Scott had the police academy during the tours so I went with his mom. I loooved Progress West. I feel like I could be a spokes person for how much information they gave me. I felt like the hospital was a hotel and not a hospital and had a lot more "home" feeling to it. The nurse giving the tour was so knowledgeable and very nice. The hospital opened about 6 years ago so I love all the new technology that they have and how they have everything on the maternity level and you don't have to go from floor to floor for any reason. I loved how they were all about teaching the new moms on how to do everything and make sure the mom was comfortable about when to feed, how to change diapers, give the baby a bath etc. They were also very vocal on how they have the dad's be apart of everything as well. I could go on and on about all the good things. When I left there I felt relieved and was so much more comfortable about giving birth.

So Cheers to a good hospital and where we will be delivering our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment