Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gender update and Doc Apt


Well in just a few short days we will know the gender of our little pumpkin! We are hosting a gender reveal party this Sunday! I told my father about it, and his response was "I'm the grandpa, tell me the gender now". So, if you are like my dad and not familiar with what it is, this is a short explanation of what to expect.

We had our ultrasound apt today and told the doctor that we wanted her to put the gender in an envelope. So she did... but it wasn't sealed. TEMPTATION AT IT'S FINEST!!! Neither Scott and I looked. Yes, I know. Impressive. We then brought it to my Sister-In-law, Ashley. Luckily, she only works about 2 minutes away. Now that it is in her hands, she is going to make a cake (or cupcakes) with the inside filling the color of the gender. At the party we will cut into the cake and hooray, everyone will know!

At the doctors appointment today she did some measurements of the baby and looked closely at it and she said everything looks really good and seems to be growing properly and is a healthy baby. It's crazy how hearing that is a little comforting. Everyone in life just expects that they are going to have a healthy baby with nothing wrong with it and we all know that is not that case. I know were only half way through but I was very relived to hear everything is going along properly.

I asked her if my due date was still accurate, she said by the measurements of the baby it's probably more like June 11th, but since it isn't more than a week different than the original due date of June 7th then they will leave it as it.

Can't wait to see you all at our party! Be prepared to fit nice and snug in our small little house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment