Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The crib is up!

Thanks to my good friend Barbara Jean, her boyfriend Stephen and his roommate Tim, we got the crib! They went and picked up the crib with me since Scott and I's schedules are so polar opposite and also trying to find someone who could lend us a truck with our schedules was basically impossible. We brought it back to our house and later that night Scott started putting it together. He brought the box into the room and opened it up. The box laying flat on the floor, took up almost the whole room, it was huge! He said to me "I think carrying the baby for 9 months would be easier that this." haha yeah right! About an hour later, after he got out all the pieces to the thing I started hearing some cussing and knew that was my cue to go to bed. After the blues lost the final game in the Stanley Cup and now this, I knew better than to stay up with him! :) The next morning I went in her room and there was a BEAUTIFUL crib! it starts bringing everything together. Last night I was thanking him for putting it together and after he complained about how much of "a pain in the ass" it was, I reminded him how much Brooklyn would appreciate it. He said it took him till 1am to complete and he also insisted there was a misprint in the instructions and about half way through he had to take apart what he did and redo it because the instructions said to put a piece in the wrong spot. All I can say is I am glad I got to go to bed! :)

I am washing the sheets for her crib, the mattress cover and her blankets, so once I get the completed picture of the crib, I will post picture. Her room is really coming together. I am going to try and shampoo the carpet in there tonight and then start hanging stuff on the walls and finishing up the final touches!

No comments:

Post a Comment